Do you see yourself as a Board Director?
PENN SACCA is currently soliciting nominations for its Board of Directors. We are looking for professionals with a background in school-age care, strong leadership abilities, a commitment to Out-of-School-Time (OST) professionals, and a desire to help promote the mission of PENN SACCA.
Our Mission: To guide, champion, and represent OST professionals.
The benefits of becoming a director for the PENN SACCA Board include:
- Leadership opportunities in the field of school-age child care (SACC)
- Unique networking opportunities with other professionals who are dedicated to the advancement of OST professionals
- Up-to-date information on federal and state issues affecting the OST profession
- An outlet for making contributions to the OST profession
- Meeting the professional development requirements for Keystone STARS
The responsibilities of a director include:
- Providing energy, ideas, creativity, team spirit, and commitment to the recognition and advancement of OST professionals
- Regular participation in PENN SACCA meetings, including face-to-face, conference calls, and the annual meeting. The board meets six (6) times per year
- Active participation in one of the standing committees of the board: Advocacy, Communications/Membership, Finance, Governance, or Professional Development
- Maintaining Comprehensive membership in PENN SACCA. Your membership must be current to apply.
Criteria for nominees:
- No more than one individual from the same agency or organization may be nominated.
- Is representative of the diversity of PENN SACCA’s membership in regards to organizational size, type of providers, gender, race, geography, etc. PENN SACCA is currently seeking nominees from the North East and Central areas of PA.
- The nominee will be requested to submit written acceptance along with his/her resume that details the individual’s involvement and commitment to OST and a photo in jpg format.
Skills desired to complement the current board directors:
- Fundraising, Marketing, Investing, Bookkeeping/Accounting, Financial Management, Influence with Business/Financial Community
- Advocacy Experience
- Bylaws, Legal Issues Relating to Boards
- Web Development, Constant Contact, Social Media
- Experience with Board Professional Development
- Grant Writing
- Detail Orientated, Organizational Skills
We are soliciting members for a three-year term, beginning January 19, 2018. You can nominate yourself, or another qualified professional by completing the attached Board Candidate Nominating Form. We currently have up to 5 openings for new directors.
Note: Due to attendance requirements and costs regarding travel, meals, and lodging for PENN SACCA’s meetings and conference, it is imperative that you have the support of your superior(s) prior to making a commitment to becoming a director on the PENN SACCA Board. See the 2017 Meeting Schedule below for details of board meetings.
2017 MEETING SCHEDULE FOR PENN SACCA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
|January 19, 2017||Executive Committee,
New Board of Directors
With new PENN SACCA directors
Orientation, set up mentors and determine interests and qualifications for Committee work
|10:00 a.m.- Noon||Your Desk|
|February,16 2017||Board of Directors||Face-to-Face||10 a.m. – 3 p.m.||Camp Hill/Harrisburg Area
|March 2017||Committee members – each committee meets||Face-to-Face, go to meeting, or conference call||To be determined by committee||TBD|
|May 18, 2017||Board of Directors||Face to Face||10:a.m.-3:00 p.m.||Bedford Hoss’s
4308 Business 220
Bedford, PA 15522
|April/May/June 2017||Committee members – each committee meets||Face-to-Face, go to meeting, or conference call||To be determined by committee||TBD|
|July 20, 2017||Board of Directors||Virtual Meeting||1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.||At your desk|
|July/August/September 2017||Committee members – each committee meets||Face-to-Face, go to meeting, or conference call||To be determined by committee||TBD|
|September 28, 2017||Board of Directors||Conference Call||10 a.m. – 12 p.m.||At your desk|
|October/November/December 2017||Committee members – each committee meets||Face-to-Face, go to meeting, or conference call||To be determined by committee||TBD|
|November 9, 2017||Board of Directors||Face-to-Face||2:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.||Red Lion Inn
4751 Lindle Rd, Harrisburg, PA 17111
|November 10, 2017||All PENN SACCA Members||Annual Meeting||Lunch||Red Lion Inn
4751 Lindle Rd, Harrisburg, PA 17111
Note: All meetings are on Thursdays.
Please note the following meeting attendance policy according to our bylaws:
If a director is absent three (3) times from the approved scheduled board meetings within a 12-month period, the director will be deemed to have resigned and the position will be declared vacant. Attendance is defined as full participation in the approved scheduled board meetings including type, location, and time. (Amended 1-19-12)
Timeline for Board Elections
|Board Candidate Nominating Form||December 15, 2017|
|First Board Meeting for New Directors||January 19, 2018|
Please consider taking the time to invest in this worthwhile opportunity and sharing your skills to strengthen the SACC profession!
Complete the Board Candidate Nominating Form in Word format.
Send the form to: Lindsey Perry at Lindseymarie3103@gmail.com by December 15, 2017.
Click Here for the Board Candidate Nominating Form
Contact: Lindsey Perry